Ashaya Awakening: 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training
A Personal Message from Founder and Yogi Todd Norian
Thank you for your interest in my Ashaya Awakening: 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training. In light of the current COVID-19 crisis, I will be taking the time to reconfigure and up-level this training. I’ve decided to postpone the Ashaya Awakening while I refine the curriculum. The new course will be designed to include live, in-person modules along with live online sessions. I hope to offer the next training in 2021 or 2022.
In the meantime, please sign on to our list of persons interested in this elegant and powerful training in order to receive progress updates.Join the “I’m Interested!” List
For online practice and inspiration, I invite you to join my ongoing classes: Pillars of Peace: 30-Day Meditation Challenge (with optional Asana), my Blankets of Grace: Practices for Sound Sleep and Deep Rest, and coming soon, my day-long Immersion Retreats. In addition, I’ll soon offer Ashaya Deepening: 36-Hour Yoga Intensive, which is an excellent preparation for the Ashaya Awakening: 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training.
I think you will enjoy all the opportunities to practice and study Ashaya Yoga online as we patiently wait for the pandemic to abate. For more information about these offerings, check out Practice Online.
Ashaya Awakening: 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Trainings with our Esteemed Ashaya Trainers
If you are unable to wait to do your teacher training with me, I highly recommend taking the Ashaya Awakening: 200-Hour Teacher Training with any of the Ashaya Trainers. Please click here to discover these trainings.
I am delighted to welcome you into the Ashaya Community and I look forward to supporting you on this beautiful journey of transformation, inner peace, and joy!
Take the Ashaya Awakening 200-hour Yoga Certification Journey
Designed for aspiring yoga teachers and/or yogis who seek to deepen their practice and knowledge through a structured curriculum, this 200-hour yoga teacher training will support you in awakening your heart and living a more meaningful and empowered life of freedom and joy. Through immersion in the life-affirming teachings of Ashaya Yoga, you will transform your body, mind, and heart.
Introduction to Ashaya Awakening: 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training by Ashaya Founder, Todd Norian
Ongoing Teacher Training with Todd at the Boston University Tanglewood Institute, 45 West Street, Lenox, MA
All sessions below meet from Tuesday – Sunday
Part 1: September 24-29, 2019
Part 2: December 3-8, 2019
Part 3: March 3-8, 2020
Part 4: October 19-25, 2020
Why In-Depth Study
The curriculum of the Ashaya Awakening: 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training Program is rooted in the fundamentals of the practices of asana, pranayama, meditation, philosophy, and anatomy. You will have the opportunity to immerse yourself in the deeper studies of yoga and build a stronger, more flexible and balanced body, a focused, clear, and calm mind, and establish yourself in your connection to spirit.
Learning to Teach Yoga
Within the supportive community environment, you will be championed to discover your own unique gifts as a yoga teacher and learn how to offer them with confidence and clarity. You will be encouraged and supported to step into your own power and discover your authentic voice as you share the essence of yoga, which is love. The journey of becoming a certified Yoga teacher is one of profound transformation and radical self-discovery. It requires a dedicated practice, ongoing studentship, and a willingness to open to the creative impulse of life.
Prerequisites for this Yoga Teacher Certification Program
- Minimum 1 year of yoga experience with regular practice for the past six months, or by teacher’s permission.
- A sincere desire to learn, grow, open your heart, and be coached.
- Acceptance into the yoga teacher certification program is based upon approval of your application.
Format for the Ashaya Awakening: 200-hour Teacher Certification Training
This yoga teacher training course consists of four, 5.5-day intensives over a 7-8 month period with homework between segments. (The format for the 200-Hour Teacher Training varies from 4 intensives, to 5 intensives, as well as, weekend intensives depending on the Ashaya Trainer.)
Ashaya Awakening: Yoga Teacher Training Course Content
During this yoga training course, you:
- Learn how to teach to the heart of the student using simple language and inspirational heart themes.
- Understand The Four Essentials™ of Ashaya Yoga and precise alignment techniques that create safety.
- Learn how to make the poses accessible to all levels of students.
- Study postures in detail, including common misalignments, modifications, and use of props.
- Learn effective sequencing for creative, flowing, and well-structured classes.
- Study basic anatomy and kinesiology as related to specific poses.
- Explore subtle anatomy including chakras, nadis, and kundalini.
- Sharpen your observation skills and learn how to give unforgettable physical adjustments.
- Study yogic history and philosophy, with an introduction to Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras, the Bhagavad Gita, and Tantra yoga.
- Receive individual mentoring in small groups.
- Open your heart and release stuck emotional blocks that hold you back.
- Discover your authentic voice.
- Increase your employability with professional practices and good business ethics.
- Join a vibrant community who sees and supports your highest expression.
At-Home Study Requirements for the Ashaya Awakening: 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training
Assignments are given between segments to facilitate integration of the teachings. The homework constitutes an important aspect of the overall yoga teacher training and provides a structure of support for the learning process at home. The assignments include daily practice of asana, pranayama, and meditation, keeping a sadhana journal, weekly check-ins with study buddies, observation of other classes, practice teaching to friends, family, and/or students, required reading, written exercises, and a take-home exam.
Daily Yoga Teacher Training Schedule
All modules in this yoga teacher training program follow the same daily template found below (subject to change). All sessions will begin on time, but may extend a few minutes over the scheduled ending time as needed. Please keep your schedule clear throughout the week in order to accommodate schedule changes.
# of Hours
This yoga certification training course is registered with Yoga Alliance at the 200-hour level. Once you become certified, you may register with Yoga Alliance as a 200-hour level RYT. For an application, visit the yoga alliance website., visit the yoga alliance website.